When do you realize that not everyone has the same mind set?
I lived in a small town called Tootle, Washington about two years ago. Tootle was a bit different than home, but it was very beautiful. The population was a few hundred..including live stock.
I worked with a guy who made me realize not all guys like girl on girl "action". I should remember his name because his words have stayed with me ever since. I play out the whole scenario between us out in my head all the time. I was at work one day and I was talking about going home to see all my friends and family, when we came up on the subject of lesbians. He looked at me and said "You don't believe in that right?" I was so shocked I started laughing and I asked him if he was serious. Let me tell you he was beyond serious. He went out on this whole schpeel of how two people of the same sex shouldn't be together because it was unholy. He also said he wouldn't want to see two guys or girls kissing in public because it would make him sick. I knew there were people like this but I hadn't ever met one. When he told me this it took all that I had not to punch that mother fucker square in the face.
I asked him why he thought it was so wrong and he told me because he is christian and its not right in the bible. This whole situation pissed me off because I'm not a fan of small minded Christians and who the fuck is he to think certain people can be together. If I was back home I would of hit him in his throat, but I worked and lived down the street from him. It made me realize that there are some sheltered kids out there with small minded parents. Him saying this kind of changed who I was at that point, not saying I was a lesbian and now I'm straight or anything. It just made me pay closer attention to people and how they feel about certain "Taboos" not everyone is accepting of life.

No comments:
Post a Comment